Wow wow wow wow. An award? For lil ol’ me?
I kid you not ladies and gents, little miss rooby-doo was nominated for a highly acclaimed Liebster Award.
Unsure of what the Liebster Award is? Don’t feel too horrible, even I quickly figured it out after checking out my nominators post. Thank you innercitybarista.wordpress.com! Here is what she asked her nominees to do:
“The Liebster Award is meant to promote great blogs with less than 200 followers. The goal is to generated exposure and allow more people to discover these great blogs. Here’s how Liebster Award work. Nominees are asked to:”
– post eleven facts about themselves
– answer the eleven questions they’ve been asked
– nominate eleven other websketches and ask them eleven questions of their own.
– display the Liebster award.
– there are no actual prizes awarded just recognition by fellow bloggers
Well, despite the large amount of work this entails, I suppose I’ll go for it.
Eleven facts about moi:
1. I thrive off of sarcasm.
2. I only have two wisdom teeth. Thus, I am more evolved than you.
3. I have gotten grey hairs since I was about 8-years old. I blame it on
rolling down the stairs heavy stress as a child.
4. My pinkies are double jointed.
5. There was a time in my life in which I played on an all-boys contact football team. I made this one
wussy boy, who was on my team, cry, often. I’d love to see him again. (I imagine him crying at our reunion.)
6. I love shoes, but I hate wearing them. In another life I’ll be a hippie.
7. My camera cost more than my first car.
8. I hold grudges. I learned it from my mama. Who learned it from her mama. Who probably learned it from her mama. The women in my family are fantastic.
9. The first concert I ever went to was No Doubt. Gwen Stefani, you’re timeless.
10. I am one of the few who actually like commercials. I no longer have a television, and the one thing I miss the most is watching the commercials. I’m sick, I know.
11. I haven’t worn makeup in 5 days and no one has said a thing. I’m unsure of how I feel.
1. If you won a million dollars but, couldn’t keep it who would you give it to? Why?
Muahahaha! No one should ever give me this power. See, after graduating high school I searched through all the many possibilities of free cash flow. Meaning, scholarships. I was shocked at the ridiculous ones, like having the last name Lee or being albino. Some people just have too much money. And just once, I want to be in that position. I would make a scholarship, for one million dollars. It wouldn’t be about getting good grades or doing community services, rather it would be for having one blue eye and one brown. You have that, you apply, BAM. A milli is yours.
2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which one would you choose?
The Bell Jar– Sylvia Plath
3. If you could have any career in the world and money didn’t matter, what career would you have?
This is so tough. It is a question I’ve been struggling with in real life, except money does matter, though I question to what extent. I think I would be doing roughly what I hope I will be doing with my life, which is currently photojournalism. I think in a dream world, it would be more so just photography, but not weddings or engagements or babies, but to just take pictures for the heck of it.
4. If someone made a movie about your life what would it be titled?
5. What is your favourite restaurant?
I have three. I can’t choose which is my all time favourite, because there is something I dislike about all of them. Number uno: New Asian Village. I LOVE this restaurant. I love it so much, I consume too much cultural food and not enough naan and I am left in a curry coma. Nothing good about that. Number dos: The Upper Crust Cafe. The. Best. Sandwiches. I get the same thing every time. Black forest ham on cheese bread. You see, thats the problem. I want to try new things. But I cannot pass up that sammie. Tragic, I’m aware. Number tres: Julio’s Barrio! Bulldogs! Nachos! Sombreros! Ah. This place. I cannot express my love. Except, I do not like black olives. And they put black olives on their nachos. And by the time I’m one bulldog in and I’m ordering my munchies, I always forget to ask for no olives. ‘Tis a shame Julio’s, coulda been number one.
6. What is your favorite Holiday? Why?
Anyone who knows me, would probably say Christmas. I go wild at Christmas. Love love love it. Except the first holiday that came to mind was actually Thanksgiving. That’s right everybody. Pick your jaws up off the floor. Thanksgiving is my favourite. Why? Because I still get my turkey (favourite meal in da world…), I still get to spend time with my family, but there is no pressure. There isn’t the worry of all the gift giving, there isnt the huge cost, there isn’t the awkward encounters with “family” that you literally only see at Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I still love Christmas. But Thanskgiving gives the same fuzzy happy feeling of love, without all the rough stuff.
7. Who is your biggest inspiration in life?
If they won’t tell me who their favourite child is, I’m not telling who my favourite parent is. So my biggest inspiration in life is both my mom and dad. My mom; for always putting others before herself. I have never known someone so completely selfless and caring, even to the extent it can sometimes hurt her. She loves penguins, is a food-pusher, and has aged blissfully well, and everyday she inspires me to one day be the woman she is. On the other hand, my dad; for giving me his sense of humour and confidence to “tell it like it is,” and to never be afraid to fly over the handle bars. He inspires me to always stick up for myself, even if it means I have to tell someone else to go pound sand.
8. If you could have a one night stand, who would it be with?
Fun fact: this blog actually started out as a school project. Though I have my doubts they ever look at it now, (although why wouldn’t they? I’m HILARIOUS) my instructors would have access to my site. So I’m gonna pass on this one. (It made me so squeamish I pulled the “fun fact” card. Eep.)
9. If you could create a candy what would it be called and what would it taste like?
Root beer flavoured cotton candy. And I would call it “Root beer flavoured cotton candy.”
10. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
I had this question asked to me in a job interview once, and I nailed it. Where is would live is not necessarily plausible, but is so incredibly me. I would want to live up and away in the mountains, where I could feel one with nature and express my solitude. But all the same I would want to be within a 15 minute drive of a Starbucks, a grocery store, and the hustle and bustle of a city that I’ve always known. (Got the job, by the way.)
11. If you could change your name what would it be?
I like my name. I wouldn’t change it. However, I would change my brothers name to Batman.
Eleven nominees: (This was honestly so much effort. On the plus side I surely gave you all at least 400 views in the past couple days)
http://callmekg.wordpress.com (This is my cousin. Family lovin’)
http://leannepaige.wordpress.com (This is my bestie. Sherpa lovin’)
And FINALLY… My eleven questions: (This is also my favourite part, I love asking questions)
1. If you were a bean, what kind of bean would you be?
2. What is your favourite thing to do on a saturday morning?
3. What are your three favourite fruits?
4. What do you lie about?
5. What is your specialty?
6. Who is your nemesis?
7. What gives you the inspiration to blog?
8. What are you running from?
9. What is your middle name?
10. What is your ultimate all time favourite song, and why?
11. Where do you find joy?
Wheeeeeu. After all that I hope at least one of you lovely people continues on with the Liebster!